Sigma Plastics Group is a proud member of these Green Initiatives
As we look to future generations, we know that sustainability is not only key to our customers, but key to the growth of Sigma Plastics Group, our employees and the world around us. At Sigma, sustainability is a top priority. We’ve taken a number of steps to ensure that our business is on track to be as green as possible. Some of these steps include:
- Instituting “sustainability teams” at locations to develop at sustainability strategy and benchmark our progress
- Practicing our “Green for 3 Sustainability” (Reuse, Reduce, Recycle) Program for flexible packaging manufacturing
- Reusing materials when possible, including repro, PIR (Post-Industrial Recycled) and PCR (Post-Consumer Recycled) co-ex and secondary packaging fit
- Reducing waste by innovative technology improvements that make thinner films with equal functionality and reducing size and gauge when possible through a “right sizing” program
- Recycling—wherever and whenever possible
- Choosing renewable resources where appropriate, such as calcium carbonate, starch, renewable bio-polymer resins and additives
- Reducing our customers’ carbon footprint by shortening the supply chain, thanks to our multiple locations throughout the United States and Canada, which can manufacture and ship within a customer’s geographic proximity
- Initiating a “zero landfill” policy at several locations, while others are working toward that goal.
Sigma Plastics Group is a proud partner of the Operation Clean Sweep program.
The campaign’s goal is: to help every plastic resin handling operation implement good housekeeping and pellet, flake, and powder containment practices to work towards achieving zero pellet, flake, and powder loss. OCS is being conducted in thousands of plants around the world, all adding to the effort to protect the environment.
Sigma Plastics Group is a member of the Flexible Packaging Association – believing in Sustainable Packaging.
The FPA recently published a new report on sustainable packaging, A Holistic View of the Role of Flexible Packaging in a Sustainable World.
FPA commissioned PTIS, LLC to provide a holistic view on the sustainability benefits that flexible packaging offers; provide foresight into future sustainability implications for flexible packaging; and develop six LCA case studies comparing flexible packaging to other packaging formats across a range of products.
Check out the FPA website to learn more.
The Sustainable Packaging Coalition is a membership-based collaborative that believes in the power of industry to make packaging more sustainable. They are the leading voice on sustainable packaging and are passionate about the creation of packaging that is good for people + the environment.
Their mission is to bring packaging sustainability stakeholders together to catalyze actionable improvements to packaging systems and lend an authoritative voice on issues related to packaging sustainability.